Wedding quilt by Maya

Maya
Maya is a newish quilter I believe, and she made this lovely quilt for her sister and new brother in law to celebebrate their Ocotober 2019 wedding.  Quilted with vines and leaves digital design.
Then I had a problem.  This seam was not fully stitched, and although I'm screaming at my machine to "STOP, STOP,STOP!" from the other side of the room, he didn't.  Now there's a tear in the fabric.  Oh dear.  Reach out to Maya with a few suggestions for how to fix this, and she opted to have me make a label, then hand applique that over the hole.

And since holes usually go all the way through the quilt, I also took a piece off the back to applique a patch there too. Then quilted over both, so they are never coming off.  And the bride and groom will have a quick reminder of the day of their wedding. (in case someone forgets)
 


No comments: