"Shivery Snowman" update

 Okay, this is actually Sharyle's version of Shivery Snowmen because I can't find a photo of mine.  

However, the reason I'm posting this now is because of the recent email I received from Lori.  The last time I saw my quilt was when I packed it up to mail off to the quilt show in Sister's Oregon.  It sold at the show, and I hoped that it had a good home.

Recently I received an email from Lori asking about care instructions.  I responded, and then asked her how she found it.  Below is her email response.  What a blessing to hear that your quilt continues on.

Of all places I found it at the West Salem Goodwill for $14.99!! 
I just can not believe that someone would just donate it vs. giving to a friend or family member. It’s in wonderful shape for being 14 yo. I’m so honored I was lucky enough to find it and my mother (she has dementia) and I will stand looking at it and all the detail involved. Every day she picks a square she likes best and we notice something we hadn’t seen the other times. This will be cherished for a long time.

 

Thank you to Lori for reaching out, and  I hope that you get your money's worth out of this quilt.  This has warmed my heart this holiday season.  Also a reason to always put a label on your quilt.  You never know who might ask about it.

 

No comments: