"Keep The Home Fires Burning" by me. and Miscalulation 1



This is a pattern from McCalls quilting magazine from Jan/Feb 2023.  I love looking at quilt magazines, but don't usually make the design.  This one just spoke to me.   Since I'm famous for my lack of math skills (along with my lack of sense of direction), I way over cut fabrics for this quilt, and made a second quilt out of it's leftovers.   Although that quilt is finished and ready for donating, I've lost it's photos.  Time to find those and get them up here too


This quilt was a stash buster in that everything came from my stash, including the pieced backing and the pieced batting.  We all end up with small bits of batting, and I store mine for future use.  This quilt probably has about 6-7 different pieces of cotton batting in it.  Finally made a dent in that pile at least!
Even a scrappy binding from leftovers of those that were already made.



No comments: