Family wedding #1 for the summer was between Elizabeth and Jon. Elizabeth was the flower girl at our wedding and she made a beautiful bride.
This quilt caused me a little grief initially. I was having a really good time suing my Accucut system to cut the pieces for the blocks and then sewing them together. I had purchased what I thought would be plenty of fabric for the quilt, but ran short. Dang! Back to the store, but they don't have any more. I was able to find it online, and finished the quilt top.
The next problem was that I didn't know how to quilt it, so I posted some photos online for friends to offer suggestions. I got some great ideas, but the most helpful comment was to point out that one o the blocks was turned the wrong direction! Oh no! Thankfully, Mrs. Sharp Eyes found it before I started to quilt it.
Once I got the top loaded and started to quilt, it just came together and I'm really thrilled with how it turned out. This quilt also has wool batting, so I wanted to make the feathers stand out. That's why there is fine detail quilting behind the feathers in the setting triangles.
|Here are a couple of shots of the back of the quilt.|