Wedding Ring Variation for Elizabeth and Jon

Family wedding #1 for the summer was between Elizabeth and Jon.  Elizabeth was the flower girl at our wedding and she made a beautiful bride.

This quilt caused me a little grief initially.  I was having a really good time suing my Accucut system to cut the pieces for the blocks and then sewing them together.  I had purchased what I thought would be plenty of fabric for the quilt, but ran short.  Dang!  Back to the store, but they don't have any more.  I was able to find it online, and finished the quilt top.  

The next problem was that I didn't know how to quilt it, so I posted some photos online for friends to offer suggestions.  I got some great ideas, but the most helpful comment was to point out that one o the blocks was turned the wrong direction!  Oh no!  Thankfully, Mrs. Sharp Eyes found it before I started to quilt it.  





Here are a couple of shots of the back of the quilt.


No comments: