Amish Garden by Beth

Quilted with wool batting so very fluffy, and light, and wonderful for hand quilting!  I've even machine washed and dried this, and it didn't shrink up terribly.  Just enough to make it wrinkly and extra warm.
I changed the pattern slightly from the original in the magazine.  I already had 1.5 inch hexagons, so used those instead of the smaller size recommended.  This gave me bigger blocks.  Being quite tall, I also added rows to make it long enough for me to snuggle under.  It's got to be long enough to wrap around my cold toes, and then tuck up and around your neck.

Each hexagon is outline quilted with a grey thread, but it mostly looks white on the quilt.  When I chose the thread I wanted a little bit of contrast, but guess I should have gotten a bit more.

No comments: