"Let's Ride!" by me.

I found the pattern for this quilt in a magazine from a friend.  It's designed by Vivan Perry of Egg Money  Quilts.
I used a royal blue marbled background and a bright red for the bike.

Then there's the backing.  After returning from Cycle Oregon, 2015, my friend Xande and I went to the fabric wholesaler here in town.  The first thing we saw when walking in was an entire collection of bike fabric called "Cycles of Life".  Of course, we had to buy a bolt of this!

I plan to donate this quilt to Cycle Oregon, hopefully they will use it as a fundraiser.  In 2015, the ride had to be detoured due to a fire, and we were unable to visit the towns of Halfway and Joseph.  Since 2000 bike riders and all the support for this tend to bring money into the towns that we visit,  these two towns could have used our financial support.  I hope that this quilt will be able to help them out in some way.

No comments: