"Postage Stamp Cross" by me.

Another quilt for the police.  This one is made up of squares that were cut at 2", so they end up being 1.5" squares when they are stitched.  Really fun to play with the two different fabrics that make up the cross, then the just random for the background.  Lots and lots of memories in this quilt  As I was quilting it I would try to remember the original project that the fabric was used in, but there are just too many to remember them all.  Most fun was using up to finish this quilt.  Grandma Pearl would be so proud.  Used up a bunch of squares, pulled the borders and backing from my stash, and all of the black binding was already made, just needed to be stitched together to make it long enough.
 Quilted with the swirls board, "Halloween" orange glide thread.  I though the white border would give your eye a place to stop, but then it needed something bright for the outer border.  I love the owls in it.



No comments: