"Animals" by Chelsea

 So many "oh wow" moments in this quilt.  First, Chelsea found me online, and mailed me her quilt.  We've communicated via email, but I've never met her in person.  Then the fact that she trusts me to quilt this sweet quilt, sight unseen is amazing to me.  All of these great animals are foundation pieced, which blows my mind.  So, above we have the lion, quilted to give him some "fur" in his mane.  I think he's my favorite.

 The racoon, who seems to have a piece of thread on his face.  I didn't quilt his face, it needs to be a round little racoon face.
 For the deer I mimicked the swirly design in the fabric
 Straight lines in the owl, and again left his face open.  Chelsea will be adding some type of eyes to all of them, and the owl's face just needed to be left alone.
The fox. got orange swirls in the body, and white straight-ish lines in the face to double as whiskers

No comments: