Diamonds in the Rough by me

This is another quilt from the facebook group "Mystery Quilts Anonymous".  I chose the pink and brown color scheme because I had a cone of thread in those colors that I wanted to use to quilt it. 

 All fabrics pulled from my stash, and I was short using the same background fabric throughout by about 6" total.  Oh well.  That adds to the fun.
As usual, a cop quilt, and the old adage of "never a cop when you need one" holds true.  Although for a much more fun reason.  I had this in the car for 5 days.  (Granted, I only drove 2 of those days).  No police officers in sight!  On Monday, during a long bike ride, I believe I passed at least 6 police cruisers, but of course, had no quilt with me.  Finally, just starting to pull into my driveway at the end of the day, here comes one down my street.  Waved him over, and explained that all was well, and the rest of the story.  Watching his face brighten when he heard the story of the quilt, and how being able to give him this made my day, made me feel that much happier. 

A huge thanks to the facebook group that supports these quilts, and to my friend Cathy for introducing me to them.  By the way, I currently have 3 quilts from this group in varying stages.  2 are donations, and one is for my bed because after 15 years or so, there's a hole in mine.

No comments: