"Wedding Quilt Leftovers" by me



 My darling niece Katie married her love Cody on Aug. 3, 2019.  Of course I had to make them a wedding quilt!  I started to piece the quilt which involved literally hundreds of 2" squares of fabric.  I also wanted to make it larger than the pattern, so rather than count how many squares I had, I just kept cutting.  I got the quilt pieced, and was binding it by hand with much help from Rumples the kitten, the week before the wedding.  In my rush to finish this, I completely forgot to take a picture of the actual wedding quilt!  However, since I hadn't bothered to count fabrics, I ended up with enough leftover blocks to make this baby quilt top.  Again, it went for donation to Project Linus.  The wedding quilt has a lavender inner border and a green outer border just like this one.  Those colors were chosen because when asked for their color choices, she chose purple and he chose green.  All of the tiniest star blocks are made up of either a green or purple center square with the opposite color for the star points to represent to two of them.  The rest of the quilt is from my stash, with some last minute purchases of background fabrics.  And yes, I found lots more after having gone to the store, twice!


No comments: