"You had me at Woof" by me



 My friend Mariellen is very much involved in a charity fundraiser for the Humane Society and Dove Lewis animal hospital called "The Corgi Walk in the Pearl"  It's going to be Aug. 18, 2018 and here's a link to their site.  https://corgiwalk.com/
I saw this pattern for "Fox and Friends" baby quilt in a catalog, and decided that they were not foxes, but corgis.  Showed it to Mariellen and she agreed, so here it is.  I didn't purchase the pattern, just grabbed by 60 degree ruler and started cutting.  Thankfully, it ended up larger than the baby quilt size it was designed as.
I believe that the plan is to raffle the quilt off to people who pre-register for the walk.  Here's hoping they raise lots and lots of money for these 2 great programs.

I quilted freehand "flames" in the dogs to mimic fur, using 3 different colors of thread to match the fabric.  Then in the background, blue thread to go with the 3 shades of blue, and a simple tight swirl pattern.  Since corgis always seem to be swirling around.

If you are in Portland on the 18th, I encourage you to join the walk.  It's free if you aren't bringing a dog, and there is nothing so adorable as 300+ corgis and their parents running around the park blocks.  Many are dressed up, and there will be a "fashion show" as well.

No comments: