"Crossed Circuits"

This quilt is really a work of leftovers.  The blocks are made from "strings" those strips that are too small to throw away, but too large to keep.  The backing is pieced from the same fabric, but bits that weren't large enough and in one piece.  But, it was pre-washed, and that was important.  The batting is again, leftover bits that are too large to just throw away.  The border is from fabric a vintage quilt that Anne brought for quilting.  Her original backing wasn't big enough to use again, and she kindly let me keep it for just such an occasion.  I had planned on making this just two colors, but actually used up all the strings from my green and brown bins.  I had the blue blocks leftover from a previous quilt, so threw those in there.  I think it all works, and will keep someone warm.



 The name of the quilt is taken from the quilting design which is called "Circuitry"  , but I had to add the crossed part after I made a mistake in the quilting. Obviously I would have fixed this for a customer quilt, but this one will be going to the next police officer I find, so I let it add to the fun.

No comments: