Diane's quilt

 This quilt is made from 2 jelly rolls and assorted strips from Lisa and Rachel's stash.  Jelly rolls are these really sweet rolls of fabric from a collection that are cut into 2.5" wide strips.  Then the manufacturer rolls them up to look like a jelly roll, and we quilters can't seem to get enough of them.  Confession time.  I have several in my closet looking pretty on the shelf, not actually being used.  Bravo to L&R for actually using theirs!

The backing fabric is a wonderful soft, grey flannel, and they used wool batting.  This quilt will be lovely to look at from the top and backing, and so warm and soft to the touch on a cold winter's night. 
I believe that the quilting design is called "Florentine", but it's relatively new to me, and I can't be sure.  Perfect on the jewel tones of the quilt.


No comments: