Mosiac baby quilt by Xande

How did I ever get so lucky as to meet someone as much fun as Xande?  I'm out riding my bike one day, and came upon another rider who rides about the same speed as me.  We rode along together for some time, until our routes took us to different parts of town.  We exchanged e-mails and discussed meeting up to ride Rocky Butte for training.  That was about 1.5 years ago, and I can't keep track of how many miles.  Since then we've done Rocky Butte most Sundays.  If one of us can't make it, the other usually does it for the other.  We've ridden Cycle Oregon together, and other times just getting together to ride.  So I've met this really fun friend to bike with, and she quilts!  This is the first one that I've quilted for her, but I'm waiting for her "Movie Stars" quilt to be pieced.  This quilt is made up of approx. 2" squares that she puts up on her design wall until she's happy with the arrangement. 

Quilted with pink Glide thread, and a pantograph of butterflies.

I love the backing fabric!  Cats on flannel, and it's pink.  All from her stash.  Another reason to love Xande.  She collects fabric too!  If you ever want to join us for a ride, we usually meet about 9:45 am on Sundays by the entrance to City Bible Church.  We'll be the ones in bike gear, complaining about riding but talking about how much character we are building.  Personally, I think I am enough of a character, but who am I to say?

No comments: